Visit Woodstock GA, the official destination marketing agency for the City of Woodstock, invites artists to submit applications for their art or design(s) to be utilized to wrap existing traffic boxes at selected signalized intersections. The metal traffic boxes are located on visible corners of certain intersections and are similar in size and shape. A list of the intersections being considered for wraps is included. The selected graphic designs or artwork will be printed on a vinyl wrap and applied to the box for a period not less than two years.
- Artists whose work is selected will receive a $300 stipend paid by Visit Woodstock GA.
- Artist recognition.
- Mention in press releases and promotional materials for the project.
- Artist name, artwork title, and photos of the artwork may be included on the Visit Woodstock GA website and social media sites.
- Art/graphic designs must be original and wholly the work of the submitting artist.
- Art/graphic designs may include an inconspicuous placement of the artist’s name or signature.
- Art/graphic designs may be traditional, representational or abstract.
- The theme of the artwork should be appropriate for general viewing.
- Art/graphic designs may relate generally and should be inspired by the sights and sounds of Woodstock, GA.
- Designs that include logos, copyrighted or trademark images, advertisements, or political, religious or sexual symbols, themes or messages will not be accepted.
- Designs must be submitted in high resolution digital format suitable for printing.
- Visit Woodstock GA staff and Creative Committee members will select the designs and have final approval of the design.
- The artist must reside in the City of Woodstock, have an unincorporated Woodstock address or own or work at a City of Woodstock based business.
- The artist may neither be an employee nor serve on an appointed commission of the City of Woodstock.
Terms of Agreement
- The artwork submitted is original, solely owned by the artist and reproduction will not violate the rights of any third party.
- Visit Woodstock GA retains the right to use accepted artwork presented for this project and to use prints/photos of the art for promotional material.
- Visit Woodstock GA may not sell the art to a third party for profit.
- Visit Woodstock GA reserves the right to incorporate general visitor information such as but not limited to social media channels, websites or directional elements to the design.
- Visit Woodstock GA or the City of Woodstock has the right to remove or replace the art without notification to the artist.
2020 Traffic Box Installations
The 2020 boxes for consideration are located at the following intersections:
- Main Street/Arnold Mill Rd
- Main Street/Mill St
- Main St/Fowler St
- Main St/Oak St
Additional boxes may be considered for future installations, however only City of Woodstock owned boxes are eligible for consideration at this time.
Applications are due via form linked below no later than May 29, 2020.
Link to Artist Application
Box Art Template and Dimensions
(note: this document is for reference of sizes available only, do not design your concept for a particular size. Selected artist concepts will determine location when selected).
Contact for questions or more information: